Friday, November 22, 2013

Good Bye Disco Inferno

In a previous post you saw the tiny bathroom we turned into a closet. We decided this house needed a proper master bathroom, and this bedroom was a long rectangle and had room to spare for a bathroom. Here's where we started: Please note the lovely wall color, the creative window and the double mirrored closet = Disco Inferno.


Notice the brown color had to go, that happened a long time ago.





So the space is set, the wall is up, I think I showed these pictures before...


Heated floor installation. Yahoo. Definitely a luxury, but wow, it feels so good every morning. 

Shower tile goes in. (After A LOT of ridiculous back and forth on my part. I just couldn't decide. I found some accent tiles that I LOVED but they were $122 a square foot. $6,000 for shower tile? I think not. I thought I was compromising and giving up on my design plan, but in the end we just needed tile. Under the gun we still picked a good one at a MUCH better price).



I really love faces boys make. 
Meanwhile you can see the cabinet, counters and lights have been installed. Not sure why I don't have pictures, oh wait, yes I do, I got to help install everything (CHEAP [free] labor) so I couldn't snap pics and install. I've realized why Neal lets me go to the gym, so I can try to get as strong as he is so he has a strong, reliable, cheap helper. 

The finished product: Ta-da.




I really love it. It's a bit more modern than I was initially intending for it to be. I wanted it to look a bit more rustic (like a "pretty barn" I told my dad, which he had a good laugh over). However, I think I matured as a designer [a fake one] over this project. I showed some restraint (which doesn't come naturally) and the project came together. I do however think a nice big set of antlers will round out the project.

A few more details:

The shower floor, hexagon Carrera marble

Bench in the shower



A shower with a view. 

Once again, thanks to Neal for working during all of his free time and putting up with my sometimes-crazy design schemes. HE is relentless people. 







No comments:

Post a Comment