Thursday, April 11, 2013

An inside project...

There was a ceiling fan in the dining room. I would have hated it anywhere, but especially in the dining room.

Raise your hand if you hate it.

I knew what I needed: 1) it needed to be big. It's a big space, so it could handle a beefy light. 2) it needed to be cheap. I knew Neal wouldn't want to spend $800 on a big light 3) I wanted it to have visual texture but 4) I wanted it to be white so the visual texture wouldn't take over by necessarily drawing your eye to it. I couldn't find anything until I got "the call". One of Neal's customers was getting rid of a light. It was mine for FREE if I wanted it. Neal was VERY surprised when I told him yes, but he saw a brass spider, I saw the light of my dreams...

Enter the brass spider:


It's brass. It looks like a spider. But....



With some sandpaper, primer and spray paint, it met all of my requirements. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment